When planning website you have to look consider about context of the webpage, because everything have to be optimized to give better performance for the user and server side. All images and text have to be optimizing to the minimum before you will upload it to your website. It is important because it will allow website to faster loading and the performance of the both sides will be greater.
The server side starts from the server where your website will be host. You can use the host services that provide some space on their servers or you can host your website on the web server that you have build or order. The server has to be build with high performance components like: two Quad Cores Processors, 12-32 GB high speed RAM memory, good amount of storage and fast processing Hard Drives and high bandwidth network card. These components will provide high capacity of your server and smoothly working of your website. However this is not everything that will influence website performance, on the second hand there have to be excellent bandwidth that will ensure quick updating your webpage and faster sending details to the users of the website. Then there are needed some software that will helped to manage the website and store the user accounts details. Also there is important that your website is well protected from the different threats that can effects the performance of it or even broke website and infect user’s computer. You will need to this good antivirus software that will detect, stop and delete the viruses, also firewall is important because it help to prevent form unauthorised access. Therefore to provide faster loading of your website everything has to be optimized and you have to make sure that the right file types are used to this. This will ensure that the images, music and videos will quickly be display or showed on the user’s screen. However to make that these factors will works well and user will receive information from you there needs to applied some protocols like TCP/ IP, HTTP, HTTPS and SMTP that will ensure each component will work together. The server side factors that can influence the performance of the website:
- Web Server capacity has to be at the top performance because it will ensure that the delivering of the website to the client wouldn’t break, and ensure that it wouldn’t overload if too much user accesses it at the same time.
- If available bandwidth will have low download speed the updating or sending details to the users can take ages, so it has to be very quick speed of internet connection that will provide fast updating the website and fast sending information to the client.
- File Type can influence performance of the website because all types of file has to be formatted to the best format of it to ensure faster loading and displaying the website of the user’s screen. The image file type can be bitmap, vector, jpg and gif, but the best for the website will be the gif type because it ensure small size of image and fast loading. The music and video file types wav, mp3, avi and swf.
User side receive all data and information that server side send to the user. There are different issues that influence website performance like the most common is the download speed that the user’s gets form their ISP (Internet Service Providers) because if the speed is very low the loading of the website can take ages. Also the other factor is what devices does user used to browse the website, the performance of the device and screen size can effects the website performance because some website doesn’t fits with small Smartphone’s screens. Also the web browser that the user have installed on the device is important factor that can influence website performance because some browser works quicker than other and they have different ways of converting the HTML code and others scripts. All data that web browser display on the screen is converted through the user side. The user side and server side connect together to build the secure bridge to sending and receiving information and data. User side received the web page in the webs codes e.g. HTML and other codes and scripts then web browser convert it in to the website and display on the user’s screen. The user side factors that can influence the performance of the website:
- Download speed that the user’s gets form their ISP (Internet Service Providers) because if the speed is very low the loading of the website can take ages.
- PC Performance or devices from which the website is accessed can affect the performance of website displayed on their screens because PC may not have a fast processor or large memory capacity.
- Web Browser that the user have installed on the device is important factor that can influence website performance because some browser works quicker than other and they have different ways of converting the HTML code and others scripts.